One essential component of Ayurvedic science is the Marma Treatment, which aids in releasing all of the body's blocked energies. Marma are the vita area or rather points of the human body. It is an ancient Indian practice whose focus is the manipulation of subtle energies (prana) in the body for the purpose of supporting the healing process. It is based on the utilization of 107 points in the body which are mainly the access points of the body, mind and consciousness; which helps in the restoration of health and peace of mind. Marma is a comprehensive healing method that targets the body's weakest areas. Out of 107 points, 64 such points are considered as deadly points, as they have the strongest ability to harm or heal the human body. These points are dispersed throughout the muscles, bones, joints, nerves, etc. A particular amount of pressure is applied to these points using the fingertips of the specialized therapists, which thereby generates a flow of energy inside the body through a complex of systems called nadis.
Al Karama Ayurveda Center is the only Ayurvedic Center in Dubai, which provides this Specialised Marma Treatment; provided, pre-consultation for the existing disease to be treated has been taken carefully.
Different types of herbal oils and medicated oils are warmed up and used to massage these significant marma points, which is entirely based on the science of neuromuscular and Orthopedics. The treatment is famously known as Marma Chikitsa under Ayurveda. Angles, shoulder pain, dislocated discs, and other conditions can all be effectively treated with the Marma Treatment. It also treats and corrects paralysis and Musculoskeletal deformities.
Benefits of Marma Therapy
- Marama Treatment provides a pathway to the inner healing process, using the pressure points.
- It remove blocks from the energy channels, rather removes all the stress blockages
- It creates an unique bond between all vital energies inside the body
- It removes emotional and physical toughness
- It helps in making different types of transformations to the human body
- It improves immunity
- Provides healthy skin
- Removes toxins from the body and improves digestion.
- Improves overall health of the human body.
- Q1: What are Marma Points in Ayurveda?
- A: Marma points are specific anatomical locations in the body, as per Ayurvedic medicine, where a concentration of life energy exists. These points are associated with the three doshas - vata, kapha, and pitta - believed to influence physical and emotional well-being.
- Q2: How many Marma points are there in the body?
- A: There are a total of 107 Marma points distributed across the limbs, trunk, head, and neck regions. These points are considered as "doorways" to the body and consciousness in Ayurveda.
- Q3: What is Marma Points Therapy?
- A: Marma Points Therapy is a practice in Ayurvedic medicine aimed at improving biochemistry by stimulating specific Marma points through gentle massage. This therapy is thought to release stagnant energy, promote internal organ function, and balance hormones, contributing to overall well-being.
- Q4: How is Marma Therapy performed?
- A: Marma Therapy is typically administered by trained massage therapists with expertise in Ayurvedic medicine. Using gentle massage techniques, they stimulate the Marma points throughout the body. Aromatic massage oils, often infused with herbs, are commonly used to enhance the therapeutic benefits.
- Q5: What is the significance of Marma in Ayurveda?
- A: Marma points, considered junctures of different types of tissues in the body, play a crucial role in Ayurveda. They are believed to be doorways to both physical and consciousness levels, influencing energy channels in the body known as srothas.
- Q6: What happens during a Marma Therapy session?
- A: During Marma Therapy, practitioners apply very light stimulation to specific points on the body. This process aims to remove blockages from the Marma points, leading to physical and psychological relaxation and strength.
- Q7: What are the potential benefits of Marma Therapy?
- A: Marma Therapy may offer relief from chronic or acute pain, detoxification at various levels, improved bodily functions (such as immunity and digestion), healthier skin, balanced body temperature, and the release of neuro-chemicals like serotonin and melatonin for enhanced cognitive function and sleep.
- Q8: Can Marma Therapy alter consciousness?
- A: Yes, Marma Therapy is believed to have the potential to alter consciousness. By working on the Marma points, individuals may gain control over energy levels, sensory and motor organs, and eventually the entire mind-body complex, leading to higher realms of consciousness.
- Q9: Is Marma Therapy suitable for everyone?
- A: While Marma Therapy is generally safe, it's advisable to consult with a healthcare professional before undergoing the treatment, especially for individuals with specific health conditions or concerns.
- Q10: How often should one undergo Marma Therapy?
- A: The frequency of Marma Therapy sessions can vary based on individual needs and health goals. It's recommended to discuss a suitable treatment plan with a qualified Ayurvedic practitioner or massage therapist.