Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome (PCOS) is a common female hormone imbalance that may affect a woman’s menstrual cycle, fertility, cardiovascular system and physical appearance. PCOS Treatment center in dubai The term describes the appearance of the ovaries on an ultrasound scan–there may be 12 or more cysts on the ovaries, ranging in size from 2mm to 9mm. This imbalance in hormone production means that egg ovulation may occur irregularly or not at all, making it difficult to get pregnant naturally.
What Are The Symptoms Of PCOS?
- Irregular or no periods
- Difficulty becoming pregnant
- Being overweight, rapid increase in weight
- Having more facial or body hair than usual
- Patches of skin that are thick and dark brown
- Skin tags (excess flaps of skin around the neck and in the armpits)
- Loss of hair on the head
- Oily skin, acne
- Depression and mood swings
- Pelvic pain
- Sleep apnea (interrupted breathing while sleeping)