Panchakarma, which literally means ‘five detox processes’ in Sanskrit, is a transformative ayurvedic therapy to remove toxins and to restore the natural constitution of body.
Every single day, our body accumulates various kinds of toxins from food, drinks, environment etc. This toxic accumulation, known as Ama in Ayurveda, disturbs the natural biochemistry and functioning of all organs within the body. Over the years, the toxins in the body blocks the flow of Prana (vital energy) which causes imbalance in the five elements and three Dosha constitution of our body, and mind too.
Five Panchakarma Treatments:
- Nasya: Cleansing of five Sense Organs and Nervous System through nostrils.
- Vamana: Cleansing of Digestive System, by medically induced vomiting.
- Virechana: Cleansing of intestines in stomach, through medically induced purgation.
- Basti: Cleansing of colon, enema by inducing ayurvedic herbal oils/decoctions.
- Rakta Mochana: Cleansing of Blood, with the help of leeches.